1) Is this understanding correct?
2) If so, at this point, I would like to just clean the deck and handrail surfaces, and then perform the two-step prep process in about 6 to 9 months before re-staining. Can I just use the step one AC cleaner product, and then use both step one and step two just before re-staining later? I just want to be sure that the cleaner will not remove any of the original stains' UV and other protections.
3) Will the cleaner and/or brightener harm painted metal spindles and post caps in the railing?
4) Also, will it be best to wait to do the cleaning until after all the leaves are down (to remove any staining caused by fallen leaves that are not removed immediately)?
Thank you for your advice.
We will reply to your comment shortly· 10/24/20191. Every 2-3 years thereafter or as needed.
2. You cannot just clean/prep the deck with the Step 1 without staining it. The cleaner is used only when reapplication is going to be done right away. Best to do both steps now and then stain or wait the 6-9 months and do it all then.
3. They shouldn't.
4. You cannot use the cleaner to just remove dirt and leaf stains. See #2.
We will reply to your comment shortly· 10/24/2019Thank you for your response. Is there another product you could recommend to simply clean the deck, without leaving it in a condition that requires re-staining right away? I just want to clean the deck, at this time.
We will reply to your comment shortly· 10/25/2019Just warm water and some dish soap. Apply and lightly mop then rinse.