Armstrong-Clark’s deck and siding wood stain makes use of conditioning oils that part from the drying oils in the formula. The nondrying oils penetrate into the wood and take the place of the wood’s diminishing natural oils. This process revives and restores wood.
The drying oils stay on the wood surface and lock in the conditioning oils to produce a barrier that is dry to the touch. Armstrong’s deck and siding wood stain contain vegetable oils in addition to transparent pigments, solvents, mildewcides and water repellents.
- Application can be done in direct sunlight and on hot days. If the first coat of stain penetrates within 30 minutes an additional coat may be applied for extra protection.
- Applies easily by roller, brush, or airless sprayer. During spraying – going back over with a brush or roller will help give a more even appearance. After 24 hours any remaining puddles or glossy spots can be removed using a dry rag.
- Older wood is reconditioned by deep penetrating nondrying oils.
- Drying oils lock in the conditioning oils while pigments and water repellents lock out moisture and UV damage.
- Armstrong wood stain is compliant with all environmental standards.
- Does not contain any offensive odors.
Armstrong-Clark Deck and Siding Stain applies at 150-200 sq ft per gallon. Depending on wood porosity, actual coverage will vary.
*We do not guarantee stain colors as they will vary widely depending on the wood type, age of wood, prepping of wood, and application. Small samples are available at top.
Transparent Cedar Tone, Transparent Natural Tone, Transparent Redwood Tone, Amber, Mahogany, Semi-Trans Black Walnut, Semi-Trans Cedar, Semi-Trans Chestnut, Semi-Trans Driftwood Gray, Semi-Trans Natural Oak, Semi-Trans Rustic Brown, Semi-Trans Sierra Redwood, Semi-Solid Espresso, Semi-Solid Mtn. Cedar, Semi-Solid Oxford, Semi-Solid Sequoia, Semi-Solid Woodland Brown